Wednesday 25 November 2009

Rachel Isadora










Rachel Isadora is a children's illustrator. I was browsing through a bookshop in New york when I came across this brilliant children's book, "Hanzel and Grettel'". I love the way she has adapted the common fairytale and has placed her own slant on it, based around African culture. The style in which she has implemented it is also very inspiring to me.

The way she has cut out shapes and silhouettes to create the characters and elements, is something that I have always been interested in experimenting with, so this really speaks out to me! Her use of colour and the way she has painted on the paper to create texture is very beautiful and I can see it being very eye catching for children. Her images look really atmospheric and magical something I thrive to create in my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment