Thursday 4 February 2010

Fairy Tale Shoes!!


These shoes remind me of the fairy tale "The Elves and The Shoemaker". In one of my previous projects, I made a shoe out of paper and I think these are really interesting as they have been made from materials other than paper. They have an authenticity about them and seem very realistic. I think it would be interesting to experiment with different materials with my future models to improve them or develop them further on.

I also really like the idea of how a pair of shoes can reveal someones personality for example, muddy wellies suggesting an outdoorsy type person, worn out trainers representing a sporty person or stiletto heels demonstrating an outgoing comfortable (and possibly sexy) girl. To me these shoes suggest innocence and seem like the kind of shoes a child might wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment