Sunday 28 March 2010

Su Blackwell









Here is a link to Su Blackwell's website

Su Blackwell's work is truly amazing. I love the distinctive style to her work. I think her little paper models are genius and this is the quality and excellence that I thrive to achieve in my work.

I love to read and I'm constantly drawn to fairy tales, legends and myths. I've always been interested in making a book or story come to life and I think that Su really triumphs in this aspect to her work. I really admire how she has managed to bring the pages of the books to life through her tiny paper characters which have been cut and actually made from the pages in the book.

It's really interesting to see her work in an actual commissioned format, for example, she has produced work for a Vogue jewellery promotion (I thought her work on this project was breathtaking) and a Harvey Nichols window display (I wish I had found this when I was working on my Ted Baker brief back in January). You can check out more of her work if you click on the link to her website above.

Completely admirable!

Here is a link to su blackwells blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment