Monday 8 November 2010

'Lucia' and 'Luis and the wolf'

The two video's below are called 'Lucia' and 'Luis and the wolf'. I established them through attending the Shadowplay Event. Directed by Cristóbal León, Joaquín Cociña & Niles Atallah, the animations were presented as an installation in the Diluvio Gallery and it instantly stood out to me. I was intrigued by it’s creepy and unsettling atmosphere. I think they are about dreams and a child's imagination and perhaps it plays on a child's reveries. I really like the way the animation has been constructed, the mixture between real environments/objects with the organic drawings is an effective juxtaposition. I like the play between dreams and reality. The drawings on the walls and the way they are animated seem to become alive which is something I'd like to have with my work, this is one of the reasons I am drawn to working in 3D because it helps to give the illusion that drawings/models are coming to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment