Sunday 13 February 2011

Nintendo 3DS


I have posted this image of the Nintendo 3DS because I believe it is proof that the 3D aspect is becoming very current and is the future for design. Due to be released at the end of March the games console works because the screen is small enough to fool the brain into thinking the image is in 3D without the need for glasses.

The Nintendo 3DS is also equipped with two frontal cameras which can be used at the same time to take three dimensional images in a process called stereopsis. This process can also be done with higher quality cameras and a computer program to produce the final image. Since my work is model based most of the difficulty in creating these three dimensional images is already overcome, this process is just not possible with drawings so essentially I am ahead of the game!

Taking three dimensional pictures of a world which can then be explored intuitively is a huge possibility in the very near future and my work could be adapted into this role with ease. I think my work is definitely heading in the right direction in terms of trends and fashions in the industry; 3D seems to be the next big thing, with all this talk about 3D television and games.

No comments:

Post a Comment