Saturday 19 February 2011

Tree Trunks





I've been having a go at making the trees for the forest. I looked at Su Blackwell's method of constructing trees and thought she had done it beautifully. The fact that the she has created the feeling that Little Red Riding Hood is deep in the forest really interested me as it’s the effect I'm trying to provoke within my Hansel and Gretel images. The trees are really tall which may have helped to create this feeling. The second image is my attempt (so far) at creating trees in a similar way, I have just used toilet/kitchen rolls and scored into the them with a craft knife and then gave them a wash of brown ink. Really pleased with the texture I have created, I think it's very close to the texture of a real tree. I've now got to consider ways of making the branches!

No comments:

Post a Comment