Friday 8 April 2011

Treasure Chest Image in iPad Format




These three images are my first attempts on creating the treasure chest image. I have one version of the portrait format and two of the landscape.

I think all three images need some kind of floor added so that the chests don't look like they are floating on a black background, plus it might add more depth to the images. Perhaps floorboards or maybe even a floor of biscuits, I will try several out and see which works best...

In the top two landscape images I like the smaller scaled chest in the distance (I'm going to get more angles of the chest when rephotographing so that I can make each one look slightly different).

The text in the very top image seems to work well as a composition. It's easy to read and I also like the angle of the text, I like how it follows the line of the treasure chests. I'm not sure if the shine/sparkle is too overwhelming and overpowering for the image, it seems to be the focal point of the image. I could try making it less bright or smaller to see if that produces a better result.

In the bottom portrait image I have added a photo gram I produced in the past which was created using jewellery. I like the contrast of the silhouette against the three dimensional photography. Although I think I could still mess around with the composition, perhaps trailing the photo gram of the necklace up to the chest to make it look as though it is spilling out.

No comments:

Post a Comment