Sunday 15 May 2011

My email to Pheonix Yard Books

Hi,

My name is Gemma Beaven and i'm a student in my third year at Stockport College currently studying illustration. I'm nearing the end of my course now and I was just wondering if you could possibly give me some feedback on my work. What style of portfolio's catch your eye? How could I improve my PDF portfolio? Do you prefer illustrators to come and visit you in person to talk about work or is it easier for you to receive work by post or email? Is there any previous briefs that you could send and I could have a go at for some work experience?

Thank you for taking the time to read this email. I have attached my PDF portfolio to this email for you to have a look. I look forward to your response, any feedback or advice would be strongly welcomed!

Many Thanks!

Gemma

Response by Emma Langley:

Thank you for submitting your book proposal and/or illustrations to Phoenix Yard Books. We endeavour to respond to all manuscript submissions as quickly as possible but please allow up to 12 weeks for a response. Regrettably, due to the large volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to provide editorial comments and feedback on submissions.

ILLUSTRATORS: We do not reply to individual illustration submissions but we do keep all samples of artwork we like on a file that we refer back to as and when a suitable commission arises.

Thank you again for your interest in our company.

All best wishes

Phoenix Yard Books – Editorial

Phoenix Yard

65 King' s Cross Road

London

WC1X 9LW

Tel: (+44) 020 7239 4968



I also sent my online pdf to Jo lynn Alcorn who has already previously responded to my questions. I have asked for her feedback on my work for final major project and how I can possibly improve my work. We also exchanged people to research and look at who could inspire our work which was extremely helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment